Friday, September 2, 2011

Using up the veggies!

In honor of my getting back into the posting I made an allergy free dinner tonight! (and used up the last of my zucchini and squash from my garden)






Peel and seed 1 large summer squash and 1/2 a large zucchini Chop into small pieces. In a LARGE pan (I actually used our large wok to give you an idea of how big) melt 1 stick of butter then add in 1 container of kitchen basics broth. If you have a corn allergy do not use vegetable broth!) Let this saute on med or med high a little while til the veggies are getting soft. Once they are almost soft throw in a cup or two of rice (if you want it like a peel-off do 2 if you want it more like soup then 1 or less) Stir and let it finish on med for 5-10 minutes til rice and veggies are all done. Serve. :) Takes maybe 20 minutes total and is Yummy and buttery! Can't go wrong there!

4 comments: